We Teach Personal Service as an Expertise
The Starkey International Institute for Household and Service Management is deeply committed to meeting the needs of industry Service Professionals and their Principals.
“Create and serve a world-class Private Service industry in which Estate Management, Household Management, the Personal Assistant, Butlering, and Private Chef Service are viewed as art forms, where continuing education and growth are valued and standards of professionalism are recognized, honored, and fortified.”
Our extensive and very modern curricula includes the following courses.
- Certified Household Management Program
- Certified Estate Management Program
- Certified Service Management System Course -Correspondence
- Certified Butler-Chauffeuring Program
- Certified Nanny Management Program
- Certified Relationship of Service Course –
- Certified Administrative Standards and Personal Assistant for Private Service
- Certified Fine Housekeeping for Private Service
- Certified Clothing and Valet Standards for Private Service
- Certified Private Service Culinary Management Level I and II
- Certified Entertainment in the Private Homes
- Certified Sommelier and Wine Cellar Management Level I and Level II
- Certified Property and Grounds and Maintenance Standards for the Private Home
- Certified Personal Care Standards for the Private Home (including Guest and Pet Care)
- Certified Transportation and Travel & Safety and Protection Standards for the Private Home
- Certification for Private Culinary Arts – Flight Attendants
- Certified Elder Care Standards for the Private Home
On-Site Service Training Curriculums for homes, hotels and other service venues for
Butlering, Administrative/Personal Assistant, Housekeeping, Laundry and Valet, Culinary and Entertaining
HQ Software for Private Homes and Ipad Household Management Forms
Currently the above curriculums include Power Points and Videos for teaching.
Also available in Electronic format
Starkey’s 28-hour Wine and Sommelier Program provides instruction on understanding the essential and fundamental aspects of wine knowledge. You will be able to recognize various grape varietals and their major wine growing regions. You will classify and perform a comparative analysis of old- and new-world wines, tasting as many as 35 wines.
In addition, you will identify the various methods of service, purchasing, storage and safety precautions involved in wine service through your participation in planning and serving a Formal Dinner, in which you will gain knowledge in the various techniques of pairing wine with food.
Offering our Comprehensive Certified Household Management, and Certified Service Management Programs; Military Enlisted Aide Program, Wine and Sommelier Courses; Housekeeping, Clothing and Valet Program, Service Etiquette, Identifying Service Expectations, and Luxury Products Programs for Butlers, Concierge, and Senior Service; and our StarkeyHQ© Service Management & Software Program.
Private Service education has grown as the high-net-worth community has identified itself, particularly in the last 10 years. Terms and titles vary greatly according to location, environment, backgrounds and country. However, all Private Services focus on “Service as an Expertise” with an emphasis on the provider being able to identify, prioritize, and satisfy unique service expectations, and service styles. With this in mind, Starkey’s hallmark curriculum all contain our patented and state-of-the-art Starkey Service Management System© especially designed for the Private Service Profession. Starkey International® offers Curricula for:
Household Manager Training
Download this curriculum as a pdf.
The Starkey International Institute intensive 360-hour, eight-week Household Manager Training Program provides a full Household Service Management Certification. This program is 20 years old in sophistication and is absolutely essential in the marketplace of the Household Management profession. It presents the management tools, the technical skills in ten service areas, the personal development, and the luxury-product knowledge required for all those entering the Service Management Profession. Starkey also will continue to add cutting-edge curriculum additions and our dream team of resources throughout the year.
Students in this amazing full Household Management offering will receive:
- Household Management Certification,
- Starkey Systems Certification
- StarkeyHQ© Software and complete library of household management publications and vendor resources
- Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols
- Fine Housekeeping Techniques
- Entertainment and Event Planning
- Private Service Sommelier Certification
- Culinary for Private Service
- Property and Grounds, Maintenance, Security and Smart-Home Technology
- The ability to customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals
- Completion of a customized Service Management Plan
The Certified Household Management Program comprises 360 curriculum hours. The Certified Household Management Program is divided into the following educational areas:
Starkey’s Estate Manager’s Program is the above course accelerated to be a 255 hour, four-week course for those persons that have two – three years of experience in Private Service. This program offers the training and expertise that are essential to be the highest level of Household Service expert available in the marketplace today. Starkey’s Service Management System and StarkeyHQ™ Software are taught and set the stage for an overall understanding of Private Service Management and the Management Tools required to succeed. Each student also identifies their own unique style of Service in our Relationship of Service Course. A series of evaluators teach students to understand the correct style of service position for them. Administration, Financial Management and Human Resources for Private Service, including working with Family Offices and the Management of Multiple Homes is taught. An in-depth course on Entertaining, Wine and Wine Cellar Management is taught. Our Leadership and overall Vendor Management for Private Service is also taught in this well-rounded program.
The Estate Manager Program is a sophisticated and competency-based program that recognizes and develops the knowledge, experience and expertise of the Estate Manager.
Note: this course does not have Culinary Training.
Certified Estate Management Graduate will have:
- Service Estate Management Certification.
- StarkeyHQ™ Software and Service Management Publications.
- World sophistication in the identification of Luxury Products and resources.
- Knowledge of Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols.
- The technical knowledge of Entertainment, Wine, Event Planning and Wine Cellar management.
- The Ability to identify, customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan.
- The ability to manage Smart Home Technology.
- The ability to develop Contractor and Vendor Resources and manage such contractors and vendors.
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals.
- The knowledge of Administrative Skills for Private Service.
- The ability to integrate Security and Protection for Private Service and integrate security plans with the overall Service Plan.
- The expertise to lead and nurture multiple household staff personnel utilizing Human Resources procedures that have become essential in large private homes.
- The ability to provide a polished international presentation and have presence as a Leader.
The Certified Estate Manager Program comprises 255 curriculum hours and is divided into five areas:
Program Offered at Starkey Mansion
Download this curriculum as a pdf.
Starkey’s 40-hour, 5-day Service Management “System” and StarkeyHQ© Software Program provides a Service System and StarkeyHQ© Software Certification only. This program highlights Starkey’s patented Facilities Management System and Software. It is designed for veteran Household and Estate Managers and Family Office Concierge providers interested in knowing how to develop and customize a service management plan and utilize the management tools for service. Starkey’s Service Management Software is invaluable for identifying and tracking Client or Guest Expectations in the Service Marketplace and in the Household Management profession. It presents the management tools and identifies possible expectations in 10 service categories. StarkeyHQ© Software included in this course offering.
The Certified Service Management Program comprises 40 curriculum hours in 5 calendar days. StarkeyHQ© Software and Original Guide to Private Service Management included.